I wasn’t tagged to do this post but I found it on Lisa’s Reality and thought the questions were cool. I think self-love is so important. So I decided to answer them here. I tag any bloggers who want to answer these questions :-).
1. What is the one thing getting you down at the moment?
I have been having a lot of anticipatory anxiety lately. What if my medication stops working? Will I get into graduate school? What if I do terribly on all my exams for Biology? It’s hard to see past all those questions and actually live my life to the fullest. I hate that anxiety can hold me back. I try to not let it but sometimes it gets the better of me.
2. What is something that makes you happy?
My family makes me really happy. I love talking to my parents. I talk to them almost every night. That might seem like a lot for a college student but I am still adjusting to life back at college and it helps to know their still there for me. I also really love being a guinea pig mom. It helps motivate me to take care of another being. I have to feed her, bathe her, and generally just take care of her and it helps me to know I am not alone.
3. Name 3 guilty pleasures
- I love romantic comedies. I love watching any dumb movie about love. I could watch them for hours and hours.
- I enjoy online shopping. I love specifically looking at dresses. I rarely ever wear dresses but they just look so cute.
- I love drinking orange Fanta. It is my favorite soda of all time. I only drink it on special occasions but it tastes so good to me.
4. What one thing would you like to improve about yourself?
Hmm one thing huh. I would like to improve my social skills. I think I am quite lackluster in the socializing department. I find social cues to be difficult so I would definitely like to improve on that. Sometimes I laugh at the wrong times or misunderstand people if they don’t explicitly say what they mean. I am currently being evaluated for an autism spectrum disorder and I think knowing a diagnosis will help me find the cause of my social impairments.
5. When was the last time you belly laughed?
I really don’t remember the last time I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt. I know one had to be recent though. I do remember one specific time when I was about 16. I am 21 now so I know it has happened since then but this time sticks out to me. I was in my living room with my younger sister and we were talking about prank calls. We were thinking up clever things to say and we were laughing so hard that I swear I almost peed my pants.
6. What is your biggest insecurity/fear?
I am really insecure about the stretch marks on my arms. They are red and really visible to me. I feel uncomfortable when I show my arms and so I don’t really show them.
7. Name a song that always cheers you up.
You and I by PVRIS always cheers me up. I love that song. I think it is one of my favorites.
8. Name 3 things you like about yourself.
1. My eye color. Sometimes my eyes turn green, sometimes they are blue, and other times they are grey.
2. My intelligence. I think I am pretty smart. Not the smartest by any means but I fare well in school.
3. My kindness. I think I am a nice person. I try to help others as much as I can.
9. What is an achievement that has made you proud of yourself this year?
Going back to school has been my greatest achievement this year. I am really proud of myself for being able to make it back after struggling so much with my mental health.
10. Tell us your happiest memory.
It’s hard to think of my happiest memory. I think I’ve had lots of happy memories throughout my life. One that sticks out to me right now is the time I got my first tattoo. I got it on September 9th , 2017. I was so excited about getting it. I love it so much too.